The NEW IDA Mentorship Program- Participants Needed!
It is time! Time to give back and time to build up our profession. IDA is looking for Registered Interior Designers and Provisional Interior Designers to get connected with each other.
Registered Interior Designers
Have you had a MENTOR who has made a significant difference in your life or career? What if that individual never stood up and volunteered to help you...Would you be where you are today?
Here’s your chance to give back and ‘pay it forward’. Become a MENTOR to help a Provisional member with:
- Career Guidance and Advice
- Industry Support, Information, & Networking
- Training & Education Opportunities
- Goal Setting and Motivation
- Act as Sponsor for their NCIDQ Work Verification Form
Encourage emerging designers who will become the future leaders of design and help shape the future of our profession.
Mentoring only takes on average a few hours per month, with a commitment of at least 6 months, and makes a huge difference to someone and to our profession. Plus, earn up to 6 self-reported non-IDCEC hours in your role as Mentor (IDCEC-700).
- Commit to 1 to 2 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months with your Mentee
- Have a minimum of 1 face-to-face meeting with your Mentee
- Be open and willing to share your experiences and thoughts
- Encourage and support emerging design professionals
Intern Interior Designers
Do you have questions about your profession? Are you considering moving into a new specialization and need guidance? Do you want to be more connected with other more experienced interior designers? Put your name forward and we will try to connect you with a Mentor.
- Be open and willing to share your goals, experience, and challenges
- Prepare topics and questions to ask your Mentor
- Respond promptly to your Mentor
- Respect your Mentors schedule and time
- Thank your Mentor at the end of your time together
- Provide a letter for your Mentor for them to self-report non-IDCEC hours confirming their time with you
- Commit to 1 to 2 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months with your Mentor
- Have a minimum of 1 face-to-face meeting with your Mentor
For more information or to participate, contact us!